Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Greetings Lovely Ones,

Today's Post is about relationships. At some point and time in our lives we have experienced in some shape or form a relationship. It starts from childhood the relationship you build with your family and peers then it gets deeper as you begin to establish a relationship with a partner. Is it strong and healthy or weak and poisonous. I hear people talk about this particular situation a lot. My advice stay away from the weak and poisonous type life is to short. Every since I was a child I always dreamed of having a strong and healthy relationship. That was more imperative to me than marriage even. Anybody can walk down the aisle in a stunning white dress and say I do but the task is staying married. I have had several relationships in the past and only one blossomed into what I dreamed of obtaining. My husband is the most awesome man for me.

We dated for almost 10 years before we decided to get married. I will give more detail in another post. I wanted to make sure we established a long term relationship. We learned a lot about each other within that time and I am so excited we dated first and became extremely good friends before leaping into a commitment that could have been a disaster. I just want to share with you a few tips of mine in creating a strong, healthy, secure relationship with a person you may be interested in going to the next level of life with.

Be open minded

Share your concern talk to one another communication is key.

Don’t settle but do not expect anything more than what you are willing to commit to yourself.

Be willing to compromise I know you can stop holding your breath now. What I mean by compromise is for example every year at Christmas you go to your grandmothers house it is tradition but your mate wants to go be with their family for the holiday this year do instead of making a big fuss play fair.

Consideration is really important always remember to not just think about yourself. Think we instead of me please get that me me me syndrome out of your head asap

Tell the truth no matter what because how can you expect honesty loyalty and commitment when you constantly violate this yourself.

Remember that no one is perfect if you cannot accept your mates imperfections then you need to move on to the next. Keep this side note on your mind the next person will have imperfections as well but do you choose to deal with it. You will have to deal with this matter at some point and time or else be prepare to spend a lot of your life alone.

I am not saying lower your standards but I am stating loud and clear meet him/her half way and see how far you get.

From my heart to yours
Peace love and lots of blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment